Friday, January 15, 2010

Porter is 4 weeks old!

This week Porter started making eye contact with us. When we talk to him he seems to be taking it all in. Sometimes he smiles and sometimes he looks disgusted. I know I said that I don't want him to get older but every day he gets cuter and cuter. Tom making Bert and Ernie talk for Porter.Taking a bath. Thanks to Jannene for the wash cloth on the tummy trick. Ever since we started putting a wash cloth on his tummy during his bath he likes it a lot better.He has taken to the binkie this week. I kept trying to give him another type of binkie but he didn't like it. Finally I got out this binkie and he took to it right away.First Friends. This is Everett Von Terry. He is 3-1/2 weeks older than Porter. I can already tell that they are going to be great friends. His parents are also pretty cool.The proud dads and their handsome sons.Porter loves riding in the car and going for walks. Both put him fast asleep.This is four weeks late, but the winner of the birth date pool was Cam Pittman! (Really this was his wife, Angela's guess).

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I can't believe how much different he looks! I NEED TO GET OUT THERE TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!! Before he get's to big :( That is so crazy how fast they change, it makes me sad. But YES I do agree that he is just getting cuter and cuter! The older he gets the more I see his daddy in him!

Steph said...

Doesn't the time just fly?!?!? Seems like pregnancy drags on and on, but once they're here, ZOOM! He is so adorable. Just cute as can be. It is fun figuring them out and a trick or two here and there makes life so nice. Another bath trick I have found is to make the water a LOT warmer than they (meaning the experts I guess) tell you to do it. This might be too much information, but I always know when his bath is just right because he will tinkle a little after I put him in. Steve never gets it quite warm enough and he fusses and cries within a few minutes. When I make the temperature just under what I, myself would like- he relaxes and giggles and really enjoys himself for a good ten to fifteen blissful minutes!
I am glad to see these fun updates. Babies are the best:)

Amanda said...

He is getting so big already. And I totally know what you mean...on one hand you want them to stay small forever but at the same time it is so neat and amazing to see them grown and get bigger and cuter. You will have this battle Forever!
He is a cutie! Well Done!

The Back Row Pew said...

Sunny and Tom
Porter is so cute !! So glad to see his pictures.