Friday, January 1, 2010

Porter is 2 weeks old

Every day is a new experience. Tom and I are learning to live on less sleep and trying to learn how to be parents. Every day my love for Porter grows stronger and I fall more in love with him. Its a good thing he is so cute because when I have to get up three times a night to feed him I am not in the best mood until I just look at him and melt. The last couple of days he has developed a grunting problem. He seems to have to work so hard after he eats to digest the milk. I don't know if the problem is that we are not burping him enough after he eats, my diet, or just that his digestive track is still developing. We called the pediatrician but the nurse said that as long as he is eating and pooping, then he is fine. On one hand, I look forward to Porter growing and developing but on the other hand I am so afraid that I am going to blink and miss something that I don't want him to grow an inch. On New Year's Eve his belly button scab fell off. Now we get to give him a real bath.
Here we are living on little sleep. This is what our life looks like lately. The days and nights blend together into one.
Porter likes to play with his ears. Here he is chillin' with his hands behind his head.The cats are getting used to having less attention. Here is Jeckel taking whatever attention he can get.My mom helped me finish my bird mobile before Porter was born. Here is the final bird mobile.


Our best Christmas present ever!

8 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O my goodness he is SO CUTE!!! I cant wait to hold this little guy! Love all your pictures and LOVE that you are being a good girl at posting them! He is one handsome little man. You can tell that you guys love him to pieces and that you are a good mommy and daddy!

carolyn said...

We are all sitting here looking at the cute pictures and are excited to see the pictures they take on Monday!! Such a cute subject that they can't go wrong!!

Steph said...

I agree with Carolyn's comment! So adorable. I love these first few SLEEPLESS days at home. They are torture but so precious all at the same time. Honestly, they will be gone before you know it and you'll long for them, yet at the same time, you'll be so glad to have that sleep again!

Looks like you are enjoying every single second!

BTW, love your play list. This song, The Promise, by Tracy C. is one of my faves. It was our wedding song 12 years ago and is the background to our wedding video. I haven't listened to it in so long, so this is fun!

SarahMarie said...

I love the pictures. He is so sweet and adorable. I can't wait to meet him.

Amanda said...

He is just cute as can be! What a tiny little guy! Congrats to you guys! I am sooo happy for you. I love his name...he looks like a little Porter. And I love your nursery...very original!

Ty said...

Looks fun! I'm sure your mom & dad are so excited. You had said that he was grunting trying to digest. sounds a little like reflux (that's what our little girl had). Their little systems are just so new and of course adjusting. Your nursery looks great (lucky boy).

Ty

Mama Mia said...

HI Sunny! Porter is soooo cute! Love your sleepy pictures don't worry he will wake up soon! ;) Hang in there!

ANGELIQUE said...

Your are right, his is your best christmas'present = a mix between you are your husband.
Don't worry you'll learn each day to be a mom and each day Porter an you are going to meet each other.

Congratulate both for this cute boy !

And maybe on time Porter will be a exange student in France....

Love

Angie