Sunday, August 17, 2008

Im going to be famous!

I got a call from one of my clients, Project Independence, on Friday asking me to bring plans of their building and meet them at a business called Materials Matter for a taping of a TV program called NOW on PBS. NOW on PBS goes behind the news headlines to report on how corporations effect society. Project Independence is a company that assists handicap people to live independent lives by finding jobs, housing, and transportation that meet their special needs. Materials Matter is a company that acts as a clearing house for companies to donate construction materials to non-profit companies that need assistance, such as Project Independence. I am the architect for Project Independence's new building and I was there to explain what construction materials Project Independence will need to complete their project. The taping will air nationwide on September 26th on PBS. I have to give some disclaimers though. I had no advance notice so it may appear as though I have never seen my own drawings before. Also, the warehouse we were in was VERY hot and humid. I could feel my hair sticking to my neck so I can just image what I looked like!
Me with Debra Marsteller and Bob Watson, Directors of Project Independence, while at Materials Matter on Friday.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Thats awesome! Cant wait to know a famous person!

Joanne and Blair said...

Great Sunny ! You will be the youngest famous person I know. The project is super, you will look just like the beautiful young lady you are.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How flippin cool beans is that!!! YOU ARE SO MY HERO!!!
Lets play real, real, real soon when you can fit me into your busy schedule! I even offer you free breakfast and I get turned down, o and money and still turned down??? Is it because I hit your car??
Miss ya girl and can't wait to play!

Steph said...

Luckily PBS is one of the few stations we DO get! Can't wait to see you in action!

Bethers said...

We will definitely watch!