Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 1

It has been 1 week since we planted the grass. Look how green it is already! I do have to clarify that the petition was a joke. I guess you have to know Wayne to catch the sarcasm. This is our next project, the master bathroom. We will be putting in a wall mounted toilet, wall mounted vanity, wall mounted faucet, and slate shower. The toilet and shower fixtures have already arrived. The faucet has been ordered but has not arrived yet. And the vanity still needs to be ordered.
Also, we got a bid to put in a block wall along the property line (front and back yard). The bid was $5,700 for the block wall including footing with stucco and brick cap + $1,200 to remove the trees. Does that seam high to you or does that sound good?

3 comments:

Steph said...

That's about as much as we paid for our block wall about 5 years ago. Those things are so stinkin' expensive! Plus, I hate the color of mine (they got the bottom of the barrel blocks from a stock yard that was going out of business). I have always regretted my decision to let them just continue to build the wall eventhough I hated it. I couldn't BEAR to have them rip out what they started and start over again-but I should've! Five years later, I still hate the wall and it remains the most expensive part of our yard.
p.s. I want you to come rip out my bathrooms and replace everything with all the same stuff you're replacing yours with! I bet it's gonna look awesome! Good luck!

Allison said...

Lookin good!!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love that Heckle and Jeckle made it onto your blog! I think they are part of your family and you two have been tricked into thinking they are not. They got you fooled!
So I do think that the price sounds expensive. I do not know what stuff like that runs but I do know that we got our whole patio poored, sides of our house, and the front walkway poored for less than that. O and it is colored and stamped. I would get more quotes or you can have our bricks???
O and SO SO SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAR!!!! :o(
I HAD A BAD DAY!!!
O and your grass looks GREAT!!! And I totally fell for the whole petition thing you were saying!