Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July

We had an amazing Fourth of July with the Robins & Richins. It was all of the little moments added up that made it so great. We played a half of a hole of golf with all of the kids too. It was fun to be out on the grass just hanging out. I don't know who won or who lost but I'm pretty sure Mat cheated because I saw Kat carrying his ball and then dropping it into the hole at the end. Dinner was an amazing feast. We had enough food to feed an army. Sue was in the kitchen preparing everything and Tom was at the Bar-B-Que cooking all the meat. Tom set off a few bottle rockets in the backyard and then we rushed off to Santana Park to watch the fireworks. In the first picture you can see a chain link fence behind us. That was the edge of the area fenced off for the fireworks. We were so close to the fireworks that we could see them leaving the ground. I would have to say this is the closest I have ever been to a fireworks show. We were nearly under them. We laid back on our backs and watched the fireworks explode above us. After the fireworks show we went back to the house and had cheesecake and ice cream. The kids painted lots of pictures which I hung on my office door. Liam painted a great picture of the fireworks show which I scanned in and posted below. The trampoline was a hit, the cats got lots of attention, and Tom was very popular with the little girls. We nearly had a little fight over who got to sit on Tom's lap at the fireworks show. Luckily they were all able to fit on Tom's lap.


Liam's painting of the fireworks show. Liam and Allie in the Hawaiian outfits we bought for them when we were in Hawaii.
Aren't they cute!
Liam pretending to sleep. These kids have so much energy. They run non-stop. I needed a nap on the hammock!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

so cute! looks like fun. it was aweseome to see you!! Thanks for dinner and coming to the shower. You guys look great!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun on the Fourth!!! That is SO COOL that you guys were so close to the show, I love being that close to the fireworks. I love hearing the LOUD BANG!!!! I MISS YOU BY THE WAY!!!