Sunday, November 22, 2009

The crib arrived!

The crib arrived on Thursday! I was so excited. Tom and Johnathan Swart put the crib and dresser together on Thursday night because I couldn't wait one more day! (Thanks Johnathan!) You can see we also finished putting up the wall decal. After putting together the crib, I went to try out the bedding I had made however realized that the mattress did not arrive with the same order and the skirt does not fit because the slits for the crib legs are in the wrong place. So, as you can see, I just have the bumper for now. Also, the chair that I planned on putting in the nursery is too big for the space so I am looking for another chair. I'm also looking for shelves to go above the dresser and the perfect mobile to hang from the wood arm you see sticking out of the crib. Below are some thoughts are these last items. Id like to make a bird mobile with black, white, and grey fabrics to hang from the wood arm. I found a simple pattern for the bird below on line. Anyone up for sewing birds???I think the Ikea Lack shelves in black-brown (below) would look perfect above the dresser. Unfortunately they are out of stock on-line and at all Ikeas until January. Should I just find another shelf I like or wait until January?

2 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I love the tree and the crib Sunny. It looks great all up and together.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I could try the birds. Can't promise they will be done by his birthday but if you can't find anybody let me know and I will work on them if you get me the fabric?
As for the shelves did you check target?? They have the same ones there. I have them in Brookes room in an espresso color?
The room looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Also I am so glad you like your shots. It was so much fun doing them! You guys were a ton of fun! Isn't pregnancy just the best?