Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sassafras

On Tuesday night our neighbors brought a baby kitten to our door and asked if we could take it. They found her on their doorstop in the planter box and were worried that their pit bull would find it. We took the kitten with hopes of finding it a good home. Our prospects were Jannene and Johnathan and Sue, Tom's mom. Neither one of them were convinced that they could take a kitten home so the kitten has stayed with us until today, when Jannene and Johnathan finally warmed up to the idea of having a kitten and came to pick her up. After 5 days with the kitten, I have become attached and it breaks my heart to see her go. We named her Sassafras (Sassy). She is adorable. Just look at these pictures. She ran around and played with all her cat toys and then would crash asleep. Ive decided that I am definitely a sucker for cats (but I probably don't have to tell you that). I hope that Jannene and Johnathan enjoy Sassy as much as we did.

5 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Those pictures are so stinkin cute and I can not believe that you could get rid of her after 5 days of falling in love! I also love the name. We had a cat named Sassy when I was a kid. LOVE IT!!!

Amanda said...

Oh...I want one! I love kitty cats, but my hubby says no for now. I guess I am getting a baby soon and should just be happy with that...but kittens are just too precious.
I am impressed you were able to say goodbye. Not an easy thing to do.

Allison said...

So cute! I'm a sucker for cats too! So is Bryan!!! We have the big version of Sassy at our house. We call him Taren. I love tabby's!

Joanne and Blair said...

What a darling kitty ! I really like tabby. But I'm a dog lover too. And, as you know Bart is big and might hurt a kitty. So.........You did a goooooood job.

Allison said...

I keep coming back to see this cute kitty!!! I want it!!!