Friday, September 12, 2008

If you need a good cry...

I've got the book for you. I just finished "My Sister's Keeper". The book was not what I expected it to be. My friends raved about it. It started out slow for me (as most books do for me), but then picked up and had a tear jerking ending. Even though I cried my eyes out, I thought the ending was perfect for the book. The ending puts life in perspective. Sometimes I think we get so focused on what we think is important that we miss what is really important to us. That is the case in this book (for the characters and the reader). Not to spoil the book, but I also enjoyed the chapter where Kate gets a boyfriend. I cried in that chapter too.

So, finishing this book is a new thing for me. I think I am actually beginning to enjoy reading. It makes me wonder why I have not enjoyed reading before now. What is it about getting older and reading?

Any suggestions for the next book I should read?

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Yeah, I am so excited that you liked this book. It seriously is one of my favorite reads. I will find some more recomended reads for you. My sis and my mom are big readers and always have good books to refer me to.
I know, I never have been a reader before and am now loving it as well. I am glad that we are both getting older and liking reading together. Well, I am not glad we are both getting older but the reading thing is nice!

Joanne and Blair said...

I didn't start really reading till I was in my 40's. Opening that door has been great. It may be hard to follow up a book you have really liked. Joanne

Amanda said...

I cried through the majority of that book. Such a good read!
You sound just like sarah...it is cute to see non-readers all the sudden discover the joys of reading. Awww....
Let me work up some good books for you...