Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stats

Porter had his 4 month doctor's appointment today. The stats are:
Weight: 16 lbs 3 oz (75%)
Height: 26" (77%)
He also had his second round of shots. He was happy for a couple of hours after the shots and then they all of the sudden kicked in and Porter started screaming in pain. The only way to calm him down was to either be pushing him in the stroller or driving around in the car so I took him on two long walks today and a drive this evening. He is sleeping soundly now; which, by the way, is in his crib. The night before his 4 month birthday I put him to sleep in his crib in his room rather than the bassinet in our room for the first time. He is doing a great job sleeping in his crib and I can even put him in his crib when he is sleepy yet still awake and he will fall asleep on his own. However, he is still waking up one to two times in the night (every 4-5 hours) to eat and then falls quickly back to sleep. I have decided that I need to read Baby Wise to make sure that I am not starting any bad habits now that I will regret later. Porter and his friend, Connor, playing with the exersaucer. This is by far Porter's favorite toy. He acts so serious in this thing like he is getting some real work done. I'm sure he was happy to get a little help for once!How can you say that Baby Einstein toys don't make kids smarter? Just look at this baby! He looks like he is ready for kindergarten! A very close second to the Baby Einstein exersaucer are the Baby Einstein videos. This is Porter laughing while watching one of the videos. Apparently he thinks these movies are comedies.

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am a BIG fan of Baby Einstein products for sure! Brooke LOVES her Baby Einstein movies and laughs and talks to them all the time. You have to let me know which ones you have and which ones he loves :) I love the picture of him reading, you are right, SO SERIOUS!!! He is SO handsome and GREAT PICTURES!!!

Amanda said...

Since when did he get so big??? He just looks so grown up all of the sudden. The pick of him "reading" is just adorable. I also LOVE the one of him on his tummy. Too cute!!

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

He has such a great smile! Kennedy really likes Baby Einstein too. We'll get her six months stats next week.

Steph said...

Yes! If he gets his smarts from his mama, Kindergarten would take him!!!!